- Zhu, J., D. Daley, L. G. Baise, E. M. Thompson, D. J. Wald, and K. L Knudsen (in press). A Geospatial Liquefaction Model for Rapid Response and Loss Estimation, Earthquake Spectra.
- Kayen, R. E., R. E. S. Moss, E. M. Thompson, R. B. Seed, K. O. Cetin, A. Der Kiureghian, Y. Tanaka, and K. Tokimatsu (2013). Shear-wave velocity-based probabilistic and deterministic assessment of seismic soil liquefaction potential, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol. 139, pp. 407-419.
- Thompson, E. M., L. G. Baise, Y. Tanaka, and R. E. Kayen (2012). A taxonomy of site response complexity, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 41, pp. 32-43.
- Boore, D. M. and E. M. Thompson (2012). Empirical improvements for estimating earthquake response spectra with random-vibration theory, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol. 102, pp. 761-772.
- Thompson, E. M., L. G. Baise, R. E. Kayen, and B. B. Guzina (2009). Impediments to predicting site response: Seismic property estimation and modeling simplifications, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol. 99, No. 5, pp. 2927-2949.